A strange thing happened to me in my dream. I was rapt into the Seventh Heaven. There sat all the gods assembled. As a special dispensation I was granted the favor to have one wish. "Do you wish for youth," said Mercury, "or for beauty, or power, or a long life; or do you wish for the most beautiful woman, or any other of the many fine things we have in our treasure trove? Choose, but only one thing!" For a moment I was at a loss. Then I addressed the gods in this wise: "Most honorable contemporaries, I choose one thing - that I may always have the laughs on my side." Not one god made answer, but all began to laugh. From this I concluded that my wish had been granted and thought that the gods knew how to express themselves with good taste, for it would surely have been inappropriate to answer gravely: your wish has been granted.
- How Joking Is Making Others Complicit in a Small (and Passionate) Crime mei 1, 2017
- Humor as a Vehicle for Conservatism and Progressivism maart 7, 2017
- Exaggerated Breathing februari 23, 2017
- 'Fun' and 'Funny' januari 23, 2017
- Reproducing the Humorous Spirit december 24, 2016
Dit diagram visualiseert het aantal woorden dat Martijn online aan verschillende onderwerpen heeft besteed en hoeveel procent dat aantal van zijn totaal is. Klik op een link om zijn woorden te lezen. Je kan ook kiezen voor 'Online' in de menubalk bovenaan deze site.